Alma-Bacon County, Georgia, is one of the friendliest and hospitable communities in southeast Georgia. Alma is the center of retail, commercial and professional services as well as industrial growth. With a progressive and caring education system, exceptional healthcare, Grassmear Park and other recreational venues, and shopping, there are many reasons that Alma-Bacon, Georgia, is a great place to live, work and play.
The Bacon County School System enrolls more than 1800 students in K-12, and makes graduation the system’s primary focus. Student/teacher ratio is 16 to one. There is one each primary school, elementary school, and high school.
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 students nearest to Alma:
- South Georgia State College (about 23 miles; Douglas, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,507)
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (about 63 miles; Tifton, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,564)
- College of Coastal Georgia (about 65 miles; Brunswick, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,447)
- Valdosta State University (about 69 miles; Valdosta, GA; Full-time enrollment 11,155)
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (about 70 miles; Valdosta, GA; Full-time enrollment: 18,824)
- East Georgia State College (about 74 miles; Swainsboro, GA; Full-time enrollment: 2,345)
Coastal Pines Community College provides numerous educational opportunities to the residents of Bacon County. Students may enroll in associate degree, diploma, or technical certificate or credit programs; adult education classes; or non-credit continuing education courses. Courses are offered during the day, in the evening, and online.
Other opportunities for attaining a four-year degree or higher include Valdosta State University, and Georgia Southern University.
Healthcare needs are met by Bacon County Hospital. Bacon County Hospital: Welcome to Bacon County Hospital and Health System.
The Bacon County Hospital and Health System is a comprehensive healthcare system that services Bacon County and surrounding areas in Georgia. Bacon County Hospital and Health System is comprised of:
- Bacon County Hospital and Health System
- Twin Oaks Convalescent Center
- Bacon County Community Care Center
- ABC Child Development Center
- Bacon County Rehabilitation Center
- Bacon County Hospital Sleep Center
- South Georgia Physicians Group
At Bacon County Hospital and Health System, we are committed to you receiving high quality health care, close to home! Bacon County Hospital and Health System is located at 302 South Wayne Street Alma, GA 31510
Goldwasser Park serves as a center for community activities and festivals during the year. Bacon County is centrally located in Southeast Georgia and just a few hours from coastal beaches, and the Okefenokee Swamp National Refuge.
Hunters and fishermen alike will appreciate the abundance of game and fish in the area and the opportunities to engage in those activities practically year-round.